Jewellery Care Guide
How to look after your jewellery
All of our jewellery is made from natural precious metals your Cadena Jewellery requires a little care and attention to keep it looking its best.
Dust, pollution and daily wear all conspire to dull the surface of precious metals. As with all fine things in life, you should take care to protect your jewellery and always store it in a fabric lined jewellery box, taking care not to drop, bash or scratch (even though our jewellery can withstand daily wear it's always best practice to look after it as best as you can).
Always remove your jewellery when applying scent, lotions and potions, or even better, always put your jewellery on last when getting dressed. Please note that chlorine is especially damaging to jewellery.
Ensure that you rinse off any chemicals that come into contact with your jewellery straight away to avoid build up which can make cleaning difficult.
Avoid storing your Cadena Jewellery next to costume jewellery or watches with leather straps.
Store jewellery separately so that pieces do not tangle, rub or scratch against each other.
How to clean your jewellery
1. Add a few drops of the mild washing-up liquid to one of the bowls of lukewarm water
Mix to get a soapy solution. Using lukewarm water means you’re not subjecting your jewellery to extreme changes in temperature, which could damage it.
2. Soak your jewellery in the bowl with washing-up liquid for ten minutes
This will loosen any dirt or grime, ready for you to gently remove.
3. Clean gently with the soft-bristled brush
Take your jewellery out of the bowl and scrub gently with the brush, paying attention to any hard-to-reach places where dirt may be hidden. A soft-bristled brush ensures you won’t scratch the surface of your jewellery.
4. Rinse well in the clean water. Soap can leave a residue on your gold jewellery, so make sure you rinse thoroughly to remove all the washing-up liquid.
5. Dry and polish with the lint-free cloth. Using a lint-free cloth ensures no fuzz or threads will be left behind. Enjoy your sparkling new jewellery!